Adventures in First Grade

Monday, September 3, 2012

Celebrations

We have made it through the thirteenth day of school.  That is a good reason to celebrate!  Here are a couple of things I am REALLY happy about.

 We are starting to get more into the routines of first grade life, which makes the school day so much smoother.

I've started Daily Five and it is going strong.  The kiddos are up to reading five minutes silently and they moan and groan when it's time to stop.  What teacher wouldn't like that?!

My Monarch caterpillar is still crunching and munching.  It is a running joke in our pod that I can't keep a caterpillar alive.  Every year something happens.  I am pleased to announce that our little guy is nice and healthy.

College football has started again!  YIPPEE!

I have worked on decorating my house for fall...please don't judge.  I just couldn't wait another day!

Finally, I have created and finished some Owl Themed Work Station posters.  CLICK HERE if you would like to check them out!


I know it is early into the school year, but what celebrations do you have?

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment