Adventures in First Grade

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Like Fall Because...

I guess it's pretty evident from the last few posts that we have been learning quite a bit about fall lately.  On Friday, we brainstormed and planned a paragraph using the four-square model.  The sentences explained how we knew it was the season of autumn.  I'll be posting more about our writing tomorrow.
Today during science time, I had the students write the phrase, "I like fall because..." at the top of a piece of drawing paper.  Then they drew a picture showing why they like autumn.



Here are a couple of my favorites:



This student drew herself playing in a pile of leaves, a jack-o-lantern, and leaves falling from a tree.



This student loves fall because it is football season!!

Honestly, both of these pictures show what I love about fall, too.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. How funny is it that you just left a comment on my Top 10 Books for October and I just scheduled my Thumbs up post sharing your post. Come on by and take a look :)

    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete