Adventures in First Grade

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

FREE Books?! Yes, Please!

Can I get a show of hands for all those out there who like FREE?  Me too!

I have discovered a great way to earn points to get Amazon or Paypal giftcards.  By doing this, I have earned over $120.  A little more than half of that I used around Christmas time for gifts.  But I have used about $50 to buy books for my classroom from Amazon.

I can hear you asking, what is this amazing thing you have discovered?  What is the catch?  Do I have to promise my firstborn in return?  The answer is...surveys.  You can earn cash in three simple steps.  Click HERE and sign up.  Take surveys.  Earn points that you can then exchange for Amazon or Paypal cards! 

I don't blame you for thinking, could this be as good as she is making it sound?  I know that I did at first.  Around Thanksgiving I was on Pinterest, hunting around for some easy ways to make a little extra money before Christmas.  I came across a pin about taking surveys, and thought, why not? Once I earned my first 1000 points, I could exchange them for a gift card.  This was the real test.  Would I really get a code for an e-card, or did I just get scammed?  To my astonishment, in my inbox, an e-mail with a redeeming code appeared.  Again, I remember thinking, okay, but will it work when I go to use it.  Um, yes.  Yes it did!

And that is how my classroom world has changed.

I have a pretty large classroom library.  My mom was a teacher and I "inherited" all of her goods when she retired.  However, I was lacking in guided reading sets.  Over the past month or so, I have gotten (FOR FREE) these books to add to my guided reading arsenal:

5 Copies

4 Copies

4 Copies

4 Copies

4 Copies

So.  What do you think?  Are you going to give it a shot? 

Aside from Scholastic, does anyone have any other tips on how to get free or super cheap books?  I'd love to hear your tricks!

Happy Tuesday!




2 comments:

  1. The information you shared is wonderful to me, thank you and have a nice day. You can also search for information at Magical World

    ReplyDelete