Adventures in First Grade

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ms. Viola Swamp and Dr. Seuss?

I know that it has been forever since I last posted.  Viola is still reigning and her life is exhausting!!  We also have had several tornado warnings recently, and since my computer is in my office up in our bonus room, and I don't want to get blown away, I have been staying in the basement...a LOT. 

Tomorrow is Read Across America Day!  FINALLY I can start putting all of the really cute Dr. Seuss inspired activities that I have found to use!

I wanted to quickly share a bulletin board that I put up each March.



The hat is actually a cake.  This is the poem that is written on the side:

We've made you a cake,
Our cake is just fake.
It's shaped like a hat,
But it's not for your cat.
The candles number ten,
On that you can depend.
So multiply or add,
And have a happy hundradd!

I first used this when we celebrated what would have been Dr. Seuss' 100th birthday.  Now, after the "hundradd" part, I'll add what year it would have been.  Like this year I will have "...hundradd eight."

On a very exciting note, I have almost reached 100 followers!  Once I do, be on the lookout for a giveaway...my first ever!

Happy Thursday!


3 comments: