Adventures in First Grade

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ten Pin Linky: Writing

Boy am I late to the party!  This week, Ashley is having her Ten Pin Linky with a writing theme.

In no particular order....

1.  I am in LOVE with this writing station.  In fact, I have already created my own version using my colors for this year.

Source
2.  I really like the idea of students rating their own writing.  This is a great, kid-friendly rubric for them to begin to see what good writing should look like.

Source
3.  The idea of using props as hooks is really helpful.  Here is one for sifting through ideas.
Source
4.  Another prop for remembering to use great handwriting.  I actually had a silver platter last year...I got it for about 3.00 at Olde Time Pottery.

Source
5.  The last prop is another that I have used and blogged about.  It is relating writing and building a house.  You have to have a plan.

Source
6.  So many times when firsties are beginning to learn how to write, everything is connected by the dreaded "and."  This pin should help that...problem.

Source
7.  The next few pins are to make writing more fun.  Something to make it seem different then just using pencil and paper.
Source

8.


Source
9.  Even in first grade, we can start teaching about using words other than he said, she said, I said...you get the picture.

Source
10.  The final pin, and believe me I could go on and on, is one that I am going to try to implement this year in my classroom.  The idea of writing goals.

Source
If you would like to head over to Pinterest and see other ideas that I have, just click HERE.

Don't forget to link up with Just Reed!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are so pretty and perfectly fall-ish! I love the soft look to them.??

    ReplyDelete