Adventures in First Grade

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Classroom Library

Hello!  It has been such a crazy day!  I don't know about you, but it felt like a Monday all day long!

This evening, I have a couple of things that I want to share with you.  First, I would like to invite you into my classroom library.


Here are some cute reading monsters that my mom made for in the classroom library.  She and my sister are the creative artists...me?  Well, I can barely draw a stick figure!!


On the back of the same cabinet with the reading monsters, I have a visual of how to tell if you are choosing the right books.  I have had these for years, and I can't remember where I got the idea.  If it's yours, let me know!




My books are arranged in tubs by either series, author, or subject.  Each tub of books has a colored dot that is unique to that tub.








This is the bulletin board that I have in my classroom library:



Okay...that is my classroom library!

I know that I mentioned earlier that I'm not crafty, which is mostly true.  However, this weekend I was motivated by Runde's Room: A Week of Pinterest-Inspired Crafts: Day 2.  On this particular day, she posted her decorated READ letters.  Well, I just LOVED them.  So, I decided to brave the elements and head out to Walmart.  Here is the final product...I am pretty surprised and pleased by the results!


The last thing that I would like to share this evening is my poster of "A Successful 1st Grader."  I would like to make a new one, because the original isn't very...dazzling, but here it is:


With that, I need to get my eldest in the tub, my youngest in bed, and myself some sanity!  Until next time....




2 comments: