Adventures in First Grade

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I've been thinking a lot about the procedures and that I want to put in place for the next school year.  One thing I want to do a better job of is having the students take pride and ownership in our classroom.  Last year, I made an owl themed classroom job board that incorporated a tree and owls.  Well, I want to use a tree and owls for something different (more about that later) so, I started to think this morning what could I do instead?

I headed off to Print Candee and found some really cute owl paper.  I then got to work on creating a classroom job management system that has a subtle owl theme.




After reading and researching about managing classrooms, I made just about every job that you can think of, and even included blank job charts:

Jobs included are:  paper monitor, glue monitor, scissor monitor, pencil monitor, door holder, line leader, office monitor, nurse monitor, classroom library monitor, light monitor, stations monitors, and floor monitors.

There are 31 student name cards to use on the job cards.  I plan on laminating everything and then using Velcro to attach the student name cards to the job cards.

If this is something that you might be interested in, please click here

Check back later for a classroom management freebie!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I'm doing an owl theme next year so I will need to check out Print Candee. Everything you are working on sounds super cute. Remember to post pics and I will be back to see them. Enjoy your summer!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete