Adventures in First Grade

Friday, June 21, 2013

Possible New Theme...Hip or Hideous?

Okay.  I think that we all know that I love owls, but my classroom is not covered in owl....stuff.  I have touches here and there.  I'm thinking about keeping my subtle owl hints, but using a new color theme.

I ordered some fabric from Hobby Lobby for "my" bulletin board.  You know, where I keep myself organized.  It came today, and I am THRILLED to pieces with it.  It is a gray and white chevron:


 
 I would like to use main colors of gray, white, yellow, and black.  I was thinking about having the other bulletin board backgrounds in the room be yellow and black.  How does this look?  Not the lemon, of course, but that color saturation.



 Now is where it could easily go to tacky town.  What would it look like to use main colors of gray, white, black, and yellow?  With hints of blue and green?  Here is my thinking.  Black, gray, and white are neutrals that go with anything (Thanks Stacy and Clinton!).  Blue and yellow make green, so they kinda go together?  Maybe?  Sorta?





The blue and green would come in as accents with library baskets, book boxes, maybe a couple of tissue paper pom-poms.  Oh, and the carpet is blue, so there's not much I can do about that!


I'm going for a soothing cohesive classroom.  Would this color train take me to an ahhhhh like room, or an overstimulated, tacky, AAUGH room?

Help me, my stylish bloggy friends!

2 comments:

  1. I loooove the fabric! You had to order it? Online? In the store? I'm going to buy the exact, same fabric. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? I think the bright yellow looks fabulous, but I could do without the blue and green. Did I tell you already - l.o.v.e. the great chevron. :-)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    KaSandrs
    http://memoriesmadeinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chevron with the lemon/yellow color. Can'y wait to see photos of the finished room
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete