Adventures in First Grade

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Come on in!

Welcome to my first grade classroom!  Come on in.  Look around.  Let me take you on a tour.  Each day I will take you to a different spot in my room.  This is a view of my classroom from our door.


Today, I would like to invite you into my Calendar Area.


The first thing that we do is talk about what day it is, the new piece of the pattern puzzle,etc.


Next, we talk about what day of first grade it is.  Then, if it is a 2, 5, or 10, we count until we get to that number.



The next part of our calendar routine is to use money combinations to make the day of first grade.



Finally, we look at the place value chart that we use to build the day of first grade.


This year, I have added a new component to my calendar time.  I purchased Mrs. Carroll's Calendar Companion from TPT.  I LOVE it!!  I have a magic theme in my room, so it seemed natural to call it their Math Magician Book.  I got the binders for $.60 each at Walmart!


I hope that you enjoyed the first leg of the tour!  More to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment