Adventures in First Grade

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Odds and Ends


Today during math time, most of my children were out of the room being tested for Reading Recovery.  Since I didn't want to start something new without the others, we played Compare.  Compare is essentially like the card game War.  The children get into pairs and each group has a deck of cards.  After they have divided up their deck, they each flip over the top card.  Whoever has the highest number wins!!  My firsties had SO much fun today! 

On a totally different subject, I would like to share how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Bucket Filler ideas that I have seen on different blogs.  My kids adore being able to write notes to one another and make others feel good about themselves.  I ran out of bulletin board space, so I created my Bucket Filler area on the side of my filing cabinet.  It has worked out really well:
I got this idea from Mrs. Carroll at the First Grade Parade.
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment