Adventures in First Grade

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

Okay...I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but today was so crazy I just had to write about it.  It started by my oldest (who is in Kindergarten this year) being weepy when I took him to bus duty this morning.  He has not cried about school once...he LOVES it...so I am not sure what that was about.  So before my day had even officially begun, there were issues!

Later during our writing time, we were brainstorming ideas on how friends help each other, when one of my kiddos jumped up from the floor screaming that he had swallowed it and was crying hysterically.  Needless to say it took me a minute to find my voice!  As it turns out, he had brought something to school from home, had it in his mouth (why, I'm not so sure), and you guessed it....he swallowed it!  He is fine and, after he returned from the nurse, we all had a nice long chat about how we only put things in our mouths that have to do with food and eating!  Sigh.

At lunch, one child tried to walk out of the line without paying for a juice.  Another student had her cookie stolen and eaten by the girl who was sitting beside her.

To put it mildly...I was ready for the day to come to a close!  Here's to hoping tomorrow will be better.  It would have to be, right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment