Adventures in First Grade

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Math Manipulatives

Recently I was shopping with my family in Walmart for holiday decorations.  I found something amazing.  And CHEAP.  The name on the package says confetti.  I don't consider it to be confetti, but I did think that it would be great to use in math tubs as manipulatives.

Check it out:



I thought they were so cute!  I know that it is kind of hard to tell, but they are little gift packages.  There are 36 in a bag, and I am pretty sure they were only 97 cents!!  I found them in the holiday section that is in the Garden Center area of the store. 

Does anyone else have suggestions for fun and inexpensive holiday manipulatives?  Or manipulatives for any time of year?

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, love your ideas! I found these as well as pumpkins at walmart! Erasers also make great manipulative. I got small leaves at the dollar tree, and foam snowflakes from Target. I am constantly looking for fun things to use as manipulative. Stop by my blog and check out the counting mats I made to go with these if you want!

    AmyTheResource(ful)Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must get to Walmart tomorrow! I need those! NOW!

    Thanks for sharing! I found your blog via Amy, who posted above me, and am your newest follower!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete