Adventures in First Grade

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Treats

Tammy over at Klinger Cafe is having a sweet linky party.  Really, it is sweet...Holiday sweets!!

This recipe is one of my favorites.

Heath Bars

1  12oz package of chocolate chips
1  cup of brown sugar
2  sticks of butter
Saltine Crackers

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a 10 x 15 jellyroll pan with foil.  Place a single layer of Saltines in the pan. 

Combine the butter and sugar.  Boil and stir for three minutes.  Pour over the cracker layer.  Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Immediately sprinkle and spread the chocolate chips over the crackers, butter, and sugar.    Place pan in the freezer to cool.

Once cooled, break into pieces. 

I store mine in the fridge in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Heath Bars are my favorite candy bar! I am trying this one! Thanks for linking up.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! Can't wait to read more. I make something similar to this and it is my fave! Blessings.

    Hope King
    www.shenanigansinsecond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm. Sweet and salty. Sounds yummy.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds yummy. A little bit of salty and some sweet. That's the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete