Adventures in First Grade

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sight Word Work

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased Michelle Oakes' (Fabulous in First) Super Sight Words Packet. 






Oh....it is FABULOUS!!  I LOVE it and so do my students (yippeeee!!).  We call it our Sight Word Detective time, and they look forward to it everyday.

To go along with her awesome, well thought out unit, I created our Sight Word Detectives board (really it's a cabinet door...I have run out of space it seems).  The kids really like to check the magnifying glass each Monday to see the new words of the week:



Here is a close up of the magnifying glass:




The clip art of the detective children is courtesy of Thistle Girl Designs

While working on this post, I discovered...gasp...that Michelle also has a Super Sight Words Board Game Extension Pack.  Be still my heart.  Well, I guess that you know what I am going to be working on this weekend!

Happy Wednesday!!


1 comment: