Adventures in First Grade

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crash, Thump

That is the sound of me falling out of my chair.  I was blog stalking yesterday morning and I headed over to Dragonflies in First.  She always has some neat ideas or a funny story.  Anyway, as I was reading her blog, I noticed the random generator and saw that I had won!  Hence the falling out of the chair.  I never win ANYTHING!

Let me tell you a story about how I never win anything.  One of the other first grade teachers is the luckiest person I know.  Whenever we go somewhere and there is a door prize drawing involved, she ALWAYS wins.

Some of you may remember me talking about the football pool we had going on at school back in the fall.  My friend was in it too.  My strategy for picking who would win each game was to look at the stats of the teams, look at injury lists, etc.  My friend's method?  I kid you not, she would pick the team that she had heard of or which one was geographically closest.  We had lots of giggles as I sat with her and watched her choose her teams.  It would take her about 45 seconds....it could take me an hour.

Well the laugh is on me because she ended up winning!!  This little story just goes to show how LUCKY she is!

But I'm not bitter.

Really.

I'm not.

Hmmm...

But, I guarantee if she had entered the giveaway, I would not have fallen out of my chair yesterday morning!

To get the awesome unit that I won, CLICK HERE.  It is titled Fabulous February Word Work, and it has great activities.

Happy Saturday!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! glad you won! I never win anything... .sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm glad you like it! I never win anything either.
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you :) A big congrats on your recent win. I'm headed over to check it out. Don't stay on the floor too long :)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't winning awesome!??!?!

    You've been tagged - come on over to see what I mean! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete